Read the complete Guide on Netherlands Master’s Degree Scholarships Of 8 Top Universities
Study Abroad: Netherlands Master’s Degree Scholarships Of 8 Top Universities
There are over a 100, 000 international students studying various programs in universities around the Netherlands. One of the reasons for this large number of students in such a small country is the quality of the universities. The country is home to some of the best universities in the world. Check out the Netherlands Master’s Degree Scholarships.
Apart from that, Holland is one of the most multicultural and liberal countries in the world, with policies that make it easy for international students to feel welcome. Again, there is the fact that almost everybody speaks English and there are thousands of courses taught in English in the Netherlands.
The cost of living and tuition fees rank among the lowest in Europe. Generally, there are so many things to be said in favor of the Netherlands as a study abroad location. Do you want to study for your Master’s Degree in the Netherlands but money is a stumbling block?
Don’t despair, as some of the top universities in Holland offer all sorts of scholarships for international students.
Here is a list of Netherlands Master’s Degree Scholarships
- Utrecht University’s Excellence Scholarship for International Students
- The Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarship of Delft University of Technology
- Masstricht University’s Holland High Potential Scholarships for International students
- Excellence Scholarships of Leiden University (Lex)
- University of Groningen Erik Bleumink Excellence Scholarships
- Vrije University Amsterdam Fellowship Program (VUFP)
- University of Amsterdam’s Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES)
- University of Twente Scholarship (UTS)
1. Utrecht University’s Excellence Scholarship for International Students
This scholarship is targeted at outstanding students from outside the EU and EEA. There are about 25 places up for grabs for students who wish to pursue a Master’s programs in selected courses at Utrecht University.
This scholarship covers tuition fees. In some cases, students are awarded living expenses of about €11,000 in addition to the tuition fees. It is renewable yearly depending on the academic performance of the student.
2. The Justus & Louise van Effen Excellence Scholarship of Delft University of Technology
Study abroad students who wish to pursue an MSc at the Delft University of technology can apply for this grant. Again, the recipients must be academically excellent and must be noncitizens of Holland.
Each faculty running an MSc program is entitled to two recipients of the award. The award covers tuition and living expenses for two years.
3. Masstricht University’s Holland High Potential Scholarships for International students
This scholarship is for non-EU/EEA international students who wish to pursue a postgraduate Masters or a professional education program at Maastricht University.
This is a complete scholarship for the duration of the program and it covers living expenses, insurance, the cost of visa and tuition fees. Students who are less than 35 years at the start of the program are not eligible for the grant.
4. Excellence Scholarships of Leiden University (Lex)
All international students (minus EU/EEA citizens) are invited to apply for the Leaden Universities Excellence Scholarship program. All master’s degree programs are eligible as long the candidates are registered to study as full-time students at Leiden University.
The grant has 3 categories. These are
- €10,000 of the tuition fee
- €15,000 of the tuition fee
- Total tuition minus statutory tuition
5. University of Groningen Erik Bleumink Excellence Scholarships
The Erik Bleumink Excellence Scholarships is targeted at students from selected developing countries around the world who wish to pursue a master’s degree program at the University of Groningen.
All Master’s programs are eligible for the scholarship which covers tuition fee, costs of international traveling, living expenses books and health insurance.
The scholarship is for the duration of the program.
6. Vrije University Amsterdam Fellowship Program (VUFP)
The VUFP is for talented international students who wish to pursue a Master’s degree program in the University. With a budget of about 1 million euros, the University hopes to help outstanding students who have applied for an English-taught program.
The scholarship is awarded to only fresh Master’s degree students. For two-year programs, it is renewable if the student showed excellent academic report in the first year. However, this is a partial scholarship that covers only the tuition fee…
7. University of Amsterdam’s Amsterdam Excellence Scholarships (AES)
The AES is an international scholarship for outstanding international students living outside Europe. The outstanding students must have registered to study a master’s program taught in English at the University of Amsterdam.
The scholarship covers both tuition and living expenses for the first year. For two-year programs, there is the possibility of renewing the scholarship for a second year.
8. University of Twente Scholarship (UTS)
The UTS is a Master’s degree scholarship for all international students wishing to obtain a Master’s degree in the university. The scholarship is a cash grant to cover the cost of living and other expenses worth between €3,000 — €25,000 depending on your program of study.
About 50 slots are available. Students registered for 2-year Master’s programs would be eligible for a renewable if they show proof of academic excellence in the first year of their study.