An Ice Cream Maker is responsible for operating, cleaning, and providing general maintenance and upkeep for a variety of equipment. These functions include a variety of duties and responsibilities that are directly, or indirectly, linked to the safest production of the highest quality ice cream products possible.
- Ensure the highest quality product by performing all required procedures, quality checks and documentation to meet specifications
- Measure and monitor critical control points and make appropriate process changes to keep process running in control
- Operate and troubleshoot equipment
- Communicate with upstream and downstream operations to maintain process flow and prevent production disruptions
- Disassemble, clean/sanitize and reassemble all required equipment
- Maintain line housekeeping and sanitation including performing CIP/COP hookups
- Set up, maintain, monitor, and adjust equipment as necessary to maintain product, quality, and safety specifications
- Conduct required quality checks on product.
- Communicate and interact with others in a manner consistent with the company’s Grooves and “I Can Make a Difference” philosophies.
- Perform other duties as required.
Work Environment In this position, the employee will regularly work with and around others; in a wet and/or humid environment; in areas of high noise level; and around mechanical, electrical, and pressurized equipment. The work is fast-paced.
Nestle USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates in employment. EOE M/F/D/V
CHECK OUT : Get JOBS IN USA AND CANADA
- 18 years of age or older
- Aptitude for automated mechanical processes with good troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Ability to read and write legibly in English
- Excellent interpersonal communication, math and problem solving skills
- Ability to work multiple shifts and/or schedules.
- High School diploma or GED
- One year related experience (preferred).
- Adaptable – Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; Adjust behavior to others’ styles; Change priorities to meet changing demands; Adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks
- Communication – presents ideas effectively, actively listens and works across functional boundaries.
- Teamwork/ Cooperation – effectively working within and outside the formal line of authority.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, climb stairs, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand; use hands to finger; handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste or smell; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and depending on the area assigned may regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment. Apply On Company Site