Swiss Government Express Scholarship 2020-2021 session is now open for international students. Every year the Switzerland Confederation awards Swiss Government Express Scholarships to promote international exchange and research cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. There is No Application Fee to submit an Application for a Swiss Government Scholarship. Submit Swiss Government Scholarship applications free of charge today.
The Federal Commission of Scholarships (FCS), as a team with the Swiss government funds the Swiss Government Excellence Research Scholarships. This Swiss scholarship is a generously compensated research project which will be accessible to students open to completing their research in Swiss institutions for higher learning for MS Ph.D. also, Postdoctoral level.
Types of Swiss Government Scholarships
- Swiss Research Scholarship: The research scholarship
is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a
master’s degree as a minimum) who are planning to come to Switzerland
to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral
Research scholarships are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences and the two federal institutes of technology. Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. This Swiss scholarship for Arts is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Swiss Government Express Scholarship Benefits and Coverage
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is well-financed and awards different benefits to its triumphant researchers and colleges in European Swiss district have high rankings.
- The Swiss government will give US$2000 every month as a stipend to its MS, Ph.D. also, post-doc students with extra finances portion from the Federal Commission of grants if the students request for it.
- With that, another funding of almost US$300 every month will be paid to every single worldwide understudy winning Swiss Government Scholarship for Accommodation reason.
- Every student that wins the Swiss government scholarship regardless of their nationality will be fully exempted from paying the tuition fees.
- Students who win the Swiss Excellence Scholarship and are not from the EU countries will also be covered with medical insurance coverage courtesy of the federal commission of scholarship.
- The students that win the Swiss Government Scholarship will have to pay for the air ticket after they complete their degree or research programs in Swiss institutions under the Swiss Government Sponsored Scholarship.
- One year half ticket benefit cards to visit Swiss areas will be issued to winners of Swiss scholarship programs.
- The winners will have the privilege of going to study tours in different European districts and enjoy free suppers. They will also be taken through guided instructional meetings.
Swiss Government Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
All students from any part of the world regardless of their fields in research are eligible to apply for the Swiss Government Scholarship.
Swiss Government Scholarship eligibility criteria are as follows:
- A student who applies for the Swiss Government Scholarship must have acquired a bachelor degree if applying to the MS program in any Swiss university. When it comes to Masters degree, the candidate must have an MS degree. If however, the intention is to apply for a postdoc program then a Ph.D. is required.
- Age limitations have been set up as regards Master (MS) and Ph.D. The applicants must be under thirty-five years of age.
- There is no age restriction for Post Doc applicants to apply for Swiss Excellence scholarship.
Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship application document requirement
The candidates are required to have these following documents before they begin their Swiss Government Scholarship application:
- Research proposal or study plan based on the degree program is the basic required to apply for Swiss Scholarship. While composing the Research proposal, one may focus on the research design as well.
- All academic transcripts with scores and degree certificates attested by Higher Education Organization of the country or the Ministry of Foreign affairs.
- ACCEPTANCE LETTER also known as Invitation letter IS MUST
- The IELTS testing score sheet is necessary basing on applicant’s subject requirements.
- Grade sheets of undergraduate legally approved by government official if applying for Swiss MS degree programs.
- Score sheets of Masters validated format if applying for Ph.D.
- Get a research proposition structure from your country’s embassy and compose your examination plan in Swiss University (not exceeding 5 pages).
- You also need a motivation letter accompanied by your Swiss grant application bundle to the international embassy.
- CV and acknowledgment documentation from an educator who needs to administer your degree
- Two unique proposal letters from your last institution of higher learning
- Attach a copy of your national ID in the Swiss scholarship application pack and a medical checkup with a doctor having filled the medical form which is provided by the Swiss government.
- Three copies of documents must be sent to the Swiss consulate.
- Try not to fill forms by hand, fill on soft copy and print.
How to apply for the Swiss Government Scholarship?
First Step: Identify a degree program in the university under Swiss Scholarship. Email educators in Swiss colleges to inquire as to whether your degree is offered and have them give you an Acceptance Letter.
Second Step: After getting an acceptance letter, you can proceed with your Swiss scholarship application and college admission strategy at the same time.
Third Step: Fill FCS Official Swiss Research Scholarship structures which will be acquired by the international embassy and present the structures by post to the Switzerland Embassy of your country.
Fourth Step: The interview is held at your country’s Swiss embassy and applicants who go through will get confirmation letters with Swiss scholarships award certificate after that from the Swiss embassy.